TITLE: SOUS CHEF
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including ordering, plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates. This may include shelter, outreach, and catering food. Serve as lead on a catering job, seeing the job from execution to cleaning and putting away of all equipment.
- Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Work with Head Chef in the development of the catering menu.
- Delegate and follow up on job tasks in the preparation of Banquet Event Orders
- Fully prepare and submit orders of required ingredients to Head Chef for BEO production
- Preparing food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cooking menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Be familiar with the food being served as far as type of food, name and ingredients.
- Maintain proper food handling processes, maintaining safety and food integrity at all times
- Guide, teach, and lead volunteers
- Meet the needs of our clients and their guests to the best of ability.
- Be able to share who St. Matthew’s House is and what we do, if asked.
- Strives to offer superb customer service.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the job equipment, maintaining cleanliness and neatness in the doing the job.
- At the completion of a catering job, return all used equipment
- Send a short report on catering to the exec chef and catering manager, stating success, or problems to be corrected
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.