Full-Time positions available in: Naples, Ft. Myers, Immokalee
POSITION: Sales Mover
DEPARTMENT: Retail Operations
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Store Manager
A Sales Mover assists the team in carrying out the merchandising vision for the store, to ensure that product is properly assembled and placed, to attract guest attention. Experience in a retail sales environment, which includes Point of Sale functions, some knowledge of merchandise and presentation techniques, and an understanding of the elements that drive retail operations profitability is desired for this position. Must be able to balance moving furniture with delivering excellent customer service, keeping in mind that the guest is always our first priority.
Responsibilities in the Donation Drop Off area include receive incoming merchandise and food donations, accordingly sorting and processing them for the appropriate places, foster long-lasting relationship and educate donors regarding our programs and services. St. Matthew’s House is faith based 501(c)(3) charitable organization that exists to transform lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined.
ESSENTIAL STORE FUNCTIONS
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks and balance sales floor activity.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting, assisting and thanking guests.
- Use excellent telephone etiquette when answering the telephone.
- Lift and move furniture and large merchandise using proper lifting techniques, and moving equipment when appropriate.
- Maintain the physical appearance of the sales floor, warehouse and/or storage areas, ensuring compliance with safety program.
- Help unload merchandise transfer trucks and process items as needed.
- Ability to communicate with the leadership of needs daily.
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle non-stop, and sometimes intense, work load.
- Share the mission of St. Matthew’s House with our guests and the general public.
- Participate in store special events as scheduled by Store Manager.
- Perform duties, and assume additional responsibilities as directed by the Store Manager to ensure efficient store operations.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of St. Matthew’s House.
ESSENTIAL DONATION CENTER FUNCTIONS
- Receive merchandise and food to sort for corresponding shelter or stores. Keep USDA-approved food and select merchandise for the shelter and Naples II, respectively. Recycle and trash the rest.
- Sort jewelry, keeping high end for the Naples II store, sending rest to corresponding stores, and scrapping the rest.
- Maintaining communication with warehouse and other store managers.
- Must be friendly and joyful in communicating with donors.
- Ensure all trash and recyclables get discarded in their appropriate areas.
Self-Reliance Heart for the Ministry
Honesty God honoring
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Retail and Sales Background Preferred. Effective communication and customer service skills required.
Confidentiality: Works with confidential information
Mental/Visual Demands: Flow of work requires normal mental and visual capabilities.
Working Conditions: Schedule flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Physical Demands: This position requires standing, walking, reaching, bending and stooping for long periods. The employee is required to handle, feel and/or reach with hands and arms and must frequently lift and/or move items up to 75 pounds with assistance.