POSITION: Sales Cashier
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Store Manager
A Sales Cashier helps to create a friendly and welcoming environment by greeting our guests and offering assistance. As the face of the operation, it is important to ensure the guest remains the top priority while balancing tasks and routines. Experience in a retail sales environment, which includes Point of Sale functions, some knowledge of merchandise and presentation techniques, and an understanding of the elements that drive retail operations profitability is desired for this position. To succeed as a Cashier, you should have a strong work ethic, high level of accuracy and ability to handle non-stop and sometimes intense workload. Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel programs is desirable. St. Matthew’s House is a faith-based 501(c)(3) charitable organization that exists to transform lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, and balance cash wrap activity.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting, assisting, and thanking guests.
- Use excellent telephone etiquette when answering the telephone.
- Possess detailed knowledge of Point of Sale system, rewards program, merchandise removal options, and best guest relations practices and utilize all to provide exceptional customer service to every guest.
- Ability to communicate with the leadership of needs daily, and communicate clearly and calmly with guests and team members.
- Maintain the physical appearance of cash wrap and surrounding areas.
- Share the mission of St. Matthew’s House with our guests and the general public.
- Participate in store special events as scheduled by Store Manager.
- Perform duties, and assume additional responsibilities as directed by the
- Store Manager to ensure efficient store operations.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of St. Matthew’s House.
Self-Reliance Heart for the Ministry
Honesty God honoring
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Retail and Sales background preferred.
Confidentiality: Works with confidential information
Mental/Visual Demands: Flow of work requires normal mental and visual capabilities.
Working Conditions: Schedule flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Physical Demands: This position requires standing, walking, and bending for long periods. The employee is required to handle, feel and/or reach with hands and arms and must frequently lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds.