The primary responsibilities are to provide support to the Emergency Housing program of St. Matthew’s House by completing daily tasks as determined in the program guidelines. Individual must be organized and possess strong personal and professional boundaries. Must be skilled in conflict resolution and be able to demonstrate the same. Program Staff members must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Individual must demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to work together with team members. St. Matthew’s House is a faith based 501(c)(3) charitable organization that exists to transform lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined.
- Works a variety of shifts which include second and third shifts, as well as weekends.
- Enters accurate objective documentation into the CMS
- Checks daily to ensure residents’ living areas are properly maintained and in compliance with Shelter guidelines
- Performs random bed checks to make sure that all residents are accounted for when providing overnight shift coverage
- Performs regular security checks of the facility to ensure that the facility is secured
- Administers random drug screens on residents as required
- Creates a minimum number of hygiene kits while working the front desk shift
- Completes discharge of residents, as needed, with accurate information
- Removes and stores discharged residents’ personal items per program guidelines
- Has knowledge of the phone system and how to transfer calls
- Works as a team with other staff members to ensure completion of assigned tasks
- Properly screen individuals who are attempting to enter the shelter after hours
- Treats all residents with respect and exercises appropriate boundaries with residents
- Has knowledge of all guidelines located in the Shelter Handbook and carries the responsibility of holding residents accountable for guidelines
- Pray with residents and staff as opportunities are available
- Help to develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Review reports on incidents and breaches
- Investigate and resolve and security issues
- Create reports for management on security status
- Completes all job duties with St. Matthew’s House core values as the guiding principle
Self-Reliance Heart for the Ministry
Honesty God honoring
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
Experience: Proven experience in security procedures or similar position. Former law enforcement or military.
Confidentiality: Works with highly confidential information.
Mental/Visual Demands: Flow of work requires normal mental and visual capabilities.
Physical Demand: Must be able to stand for a minimum of 4 hours at a time and lift at least 25 pounds. Must be able to bend or kneel to the ground.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.