TITLE: Program Staff
The primary responsibilities are to provide support to the Emergency Housing program of St. Matthew’s House by completing daily tasks as determined in the program guidelines.
Individual must be organized and possess strong personal and professional boundaries. Must be skilled in conflict resolution and be able to demonstrate the same. Program Staff members must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Individual must demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to work together with team members. St. Matthew’s House is a faith based 501(c)(3) charitable organization that exists to transform lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined.
- Works a variety of shifts which include second and third shifts, as well as weekends.
- Enters accurate objective documentation into the CMS
- Checks daily to ensure residents’ living areas are properly maintained and in compliance with Emergency Housing/Shelter guidelines
- Performs random bed checks to make sure that all residents are accounted for when providing overnight shift coverage
- Performs regular security checks of the facility to ensure that the facility is secured
- Administers random drug screens on residents as required
- Sorts hygiene supplies into the appropriate storage containers
- Creates a minimum number of hygiene kits while working the front desk shift
- Completes discharge of residents, as needed, with accurate information
- Removes discharged residents’ personal items from their assigned locker and storage bins and stores according to program guidelines
- Knowledge of the phone system and how to transfer calls
- Keeps work area clean and tidy
- Works as a team with other staff members to ensure completion of assigned tasks
- Properly screen individuals who are attempting to enter the shelter after the gate is closed
- Treats all residents with respect and exercises appropriate boundaries with residents
- Has knowledge of all rules and guidelines located in the Shelter Handbook and carries the responsibility of holding residents accountable for guidelines
- Has knowledge of and adheres to the policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook
- Any ancillary tasks assigned by the Emergency Housing/Shelter Manager
- The Program Staff personnel report directly to the Emergency Housing/Shelter Manager