The primary responsibilities are to provide support to the Shelter Housing program of St. Matthew’s House with standard security processes and procedures. Individual must be organized and possess strong personal and professional boundaries. Must be skilled in conflict resolution and be able to demonstrate the same. As program security, you will demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety. Individual must demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to work together with team members.
- Help to develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures
- Recruiting, training and supervising contract based security officers and guards
- Works a variety of shifts which may include second and third shifts, as well as weekends.
- Enters accurate objective documentation into the CMS
- Attend meetings to determine operational needs as related to facility security
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Review reports on incidents and breaches
- Investigate and resolve and security issues
- Create reports for management on security status
- Performs regular security checks of the facility to ensure that the facility is secured
- Removes and stores discharged residents’ personal items per program guidelines
- Works as a team with other staff members to ensure completion of assigned tasks
- Properly screen individuals who are attempting to enter the shelter after hours
- Treats all residents and guests with respect and exercises appropriate boundaries with residents
- Responsible for training staff on de-escalation techniques, proper safety and security precautions as well as potential threats.
- Has knowledge of all guidelines located in the Shelter Handbook and carries the responsibility of holding residents accountable for guidelines
- Pray with residents and staff as opportunities are available
- Completes all job duties with St. Matthew’s House core values as the guiding principle