TITLE: MARKETING ASSOCIATE
The purpose of this position is to administratively support the marketing and communications department by updating St. Matthew’s House website, social media, and related social enterprises with new content. The Marketing Associate will help create and manage graphics, photography, and video for the different ministry needs including SMH websites, social media presence, event collateral, other print promotional pieces, and video. St. Matthew’s House is a faith based 501(c)(3) charitable organization that exists to transform lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined.
- Gathering and analyzing consumer behavior data (e.g. web traffic and rankings).
- Coordinate with the Marketing team to create advertising material (e.g. brochures and newsletters)
- Responsible for updating St. Matthew’s House website and social media accounts.
- Resize images as necessary for web or print production.
- Help with the print production process by cutting, folding, and resizing posters, brochures, rack cards, and other related materials.
- Write copy for ads, newsletters, blog posts, emails, and related marketing needs.
- Helping to plan events, projects and campaigns.
- Helping to create proposals and presentations.
- Any ancillary tasks assigned by supervisor
Self-Reliance Heart for the Ministry
Honesty God honoring
Education: He/she must possess a degree /or two to four years of comparable work experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that enables the applicant to meet the job requirements.
Experience: 1-2 years of previous work experience in marketing or related field. Must have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. Must understand the fundamentals of website setup and maintenance. Must have an understanding of digital photography and videography
Confidentiality: Works with confidential information – account numbers, passwords, and related online information
Mental/Visual Demands: Flow of work requires normal mental and visual capabilities.
Physical Demand: The employee is required to handle, feel and/or reach with hands and arms, squatting, bending, and constantly moving on a regular basis. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Working Conditions: Working in different weather conditions outside is to be expected. Must be willing to occasionally work non-standard work schedule including nights, weekends, and other unusual hours due to business needs.