A Lead Driver with St. Matthew’s House is a professional and customer service-oriented position. Duties include the safe operation and general upkeep of St. Matthew’s House trucks and equipment, as well as accountability for the trucks and equipment assigned to them. All Drivers are responsible for the removal, loading and unloading of donated items, and ensuring they remain undamaged and are placed in the correct position and location. Lead Drivers are also responsible for the supervision and continued training of Driver/Movers as they are teamed together. The position requires the ability to effectively communicate the Mission, Vision and Core Values of St. Matthew’s House to the community. We operate in a safety-oriented, faith-based team environment that emphasizes organization, teamwork, compassion, efficiency, and excellent customer service. St. Matthew’s House is faith based 501(c)(3) charitable organization that exists to transform lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined.
- Lead Drivers must be able to demonstrate and train all of the job requirements of the St. Matthew’s House Driver/Mover position.
- One year Driver/Mover experience with St. Matthew’s House is required to be eligible for this position.
- Must have the recommendation of Senior Lead Drivers to be eligible for this position.
- Responsible for the relationship between donors and St. Matthew’s House.
- Responsible for continual training of Driver/Movers.
- Assess and document the overall performance of Driver/Movers teamed up with; consistently and coherently produce staff performance reports to Fleet Manager.
- Demonstrate extreme ownership of assigned trucks and equipment.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with management and other staff.
- Complete Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports and advise Senior Lead Drivers and Fleet Management of any maintenance or repairs required.
- Work towards receiving Smith System Certification
OTHER IMPORTANT QUALITIES
Communication Having a heart for the Ministry
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years trucking, moving, and customer service (or related) experience essential; at least one of those years must be as Driver/Mover with St. Matthew’s House.
Travel Demands: Flexibility in work hours; this position requires some overtime. Responsible for traveling to donor pickup sites and to all of the stores.
Confidentiality: Works with confidential information.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift and carry more than 75lbs up and down stairs for extended periods of time. Must have stamina to perform manual duties that often require strength.
Working Conditions: Warehouse, trucks, donor pickup sites including businesses and private homes.
Driver Requirements: All St. Matthew’s House Retail Operations driving position holders must not have the following disqualifying incidents on their MVR:
- More than two moving violations in the last three years
- More than one at fault incident in the last three years
serious violations in the last three years, including:
- Using false or fictitious registration, plates or Driver’s License
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving on a suspended license
- Murder or assault with a motor vehicle
- Theft of a motor vehicle or related incidents
the following in the last five years:
- Driving under the influence
- Reckless driving resulting in bodily injury or death
- Negligent homicide
- Any repeated pattern of multiple offenses in driving record