Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also, perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
- Submit weekly/monthly meal menu
- Preparing food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Be familiar with the food being served as far as type of food, name and ingredients.
- Strives to offer superb customer service.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization job equipment, maintaining cleanliness and neatness.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by Shelter Manager at any time.
- Follow Head Chef rules and guidelines
- Submit weekly supply and food order
- Be able to share who St. Matthew’s House is and what we do, if asked.