TITLE: CATERING LINE COOK
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
-Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
-Preparing food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
-Cooking menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
– Be familiar with the food being served as far as type of food, name and ingredients.
– Ensuring proper customer service
– Meet the needs of our clients and their guests to the best of ability.
– Be able to share who St. Matthew’s House is and what we do, if asked.
-Strives to offer superb customer service.
-Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the job equipment, maintaining cleanliness and neatness in the doing the job.
– Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Catering Manager at any time.