TITLE: CAFE BARISTA
Part-Time (3-4 days per week – mandatory Friday & Saturday)
This job contributes to St. Matthew’s House success by maintaining the Starbucks Experience for our customers and partners. The barista is required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in the day to day operation of the cafe. In particular, a majority of time is spent supervising and making drinks, ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality. St. Matthew’s House is faith based 501(c)(3) charitable organization that exists to transform lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined.
• Help Café Manager hit goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together.
• Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
• Displays a “customer comes first” attitude by training and holding partners accountable for delivering legendary customer service.
• Leads with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of St. Matthew’s House.
• Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately with the supervisor in order to ensure effective cafe operations.
• Create clear communication with the manager on individuals’ progress.
• Help in training transitional track employees
• Have knowledge of the way the café runs and implement all policies and procedures
• Assist in keeping inventory of café products (Milk, Drinks, cookies, ect.)
• Fill out planner daily and leave notes in planner for others
• Lead a setup meeting with café staff each morning
• Know daily promotions
• Complete sales summary daily