The 21st Annual Dean Lind Golf-A-Thon at The Club at The Strand is a unique golf event to generate support and raise awareness for St. Matthew’s House. Similar to a walk-a-thon, where individuals obtain pledges for each mile they walk, Golf-A-Thon participants solicit pledges and donations from friends, colleagues and family members and then play as many holes of golf as possible!
Golf-A-Thon participants usually play a minimum of 50 holes. Golfers help by soliciting sponsors for per hole pledges or flat pledges. We ask each golfer to raise a minimum of $1,000 to play in the event. It may sound like a daunting task but the team at St. Matthew’s House will make that easy to accomplish!
In 2018, the Dean Lind Memorial Golf-A-Thon will be located at The Club at The Strand. Designed by renowned architect Gordon Lewis, The Club at The Strand is a beautiful and challenging Championship golf course. For more information visit www.thestrandclub.com.
– Hole-in-one competitions.
– Online silent auction with fabulous items ranging from $10 -$10,000.
– Play “ready” golf.
– On the green, any putt inside one putter length is a “gimme”.
– Golfers may hit multiple balls on par 3’s, and each ball counts as one hole played.
– Lost a ball? Out-of bounds? No worries! We provide free replacement balls!
– Contests and prizes throughout the day.
– Complimentary snacks and beverage.
If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Sparrow by phone at (239) 228-2055 or by email at SSparrow@stmatthewshouse.org.