Update – Naples Nissan Fundraiser and Food Drive
On Friday, July 14th, Naples Nissan, St. Matthew’s House, and eighteen local radio stations, were on-site to collect food and receive donations during the time of year when the vulnerable in our community need the most help – the summer months.
“This was a wonderful opportunity for us to come together to meet the needs of the less fortunate in the community,” said Vann Ellison, President and CEO of St. Matthew’s House. “So many people are struggling, even in an economy like this with a low unemployment rate. Especially out-of-season, our food supplies and donations are low. This event hosted and produced by Aaron Walker and Naples Nissan helped us bridge the gap we have in the off-season.”
“We are all just so passionate about what St. Matthew’s House does, and we are committed to help,” said Aaron Walker, Naples Nissan’s General Manager. “I want to thank everyone for their efforts. Hunger has no-off season!”
The Walker family blessed this event with their incredible support, sacrifice, and partnership. Aaron and his wife initiated the partnership when shopping at a St. Matthew’s House thrift store a couple of years ago. Mr. Walker was impressed with the organization’s professionalism and ability to employ people struggling with deep-rooted problems while becoming productive members of society.
Fundraiser and Food Drive Results
Here are the results:
- The mission of St. Matthew’s House was aired on 18 radio stations for two weeks spreading awareness of what we do, all to glorify God and help others.
- Our pantry areas are packed full of food, so much that we must store the additional food.
- We anticipate the much needed food donations to last around one month.
- The food donations will provide hot meals within our feeding ministry. Our executive chef and his team work hard to feed around 500 each day, so this is such a blessing!
- The food donations will also provide direct assistance (groceries) to over 450 families
- We are most grateful to the Naples Nissan team for holding their diaper challenge, leading to two large vans filled with diapers for our families in need.
- Thousands of dollars donated in support of our Naples shelter renovations.
Media from the Event
Audio: Vann Ellison interviewed by Trey Radel on FOX 92.5FM
Tags: Naples Nissan